Thursday, May 8, 2014

How do you get around?

When you look around it looks like most everyone is driving. I think about how much gas is being used and how people think that they need the best cars just so they can drive to a friends house or to the store. Some people take the bus. Yes it might be slower but it can be better for the environment but at the cost of being slower and you have to be with other people. And there are the people who don't drive. I would be in that category. I think that walking is good for you , It might suck at times but you don't have to dive to the store that is less than a mile away. People think that they need to drive to get places. But what is better four cars to a road or twenty plus mopeds. In Vietnam this is a major problem at the moment. Most people in Vietnam own a moped and that is how they will get around. Close or far that is the way to go. Only the rich can afford cars. And buses take a long time if you are trying to ride it during normal times. This is very bad for everyone in Vietnam because these mopes are causing more and more pollution to be made. Now people are wearing masks because its bad to just breath in the air. And not only is this bad for pollution but the way people ride the mopes its not safe at all. Crashes are the leading causes of deaths in Vietnam as of now. In 2010 there was a count of over 11K deaths because of car accidents. This is also shown in the book Catfish and Mandala By Andrew X Pham. Andrew talks about how there are really no rules to the road. What people are thinking is don't get hit and that's it. If you can make it through the intersection the great do it again at the next. This is a huge problem and there needs to be more rules to the road and more people need to enforce them. This can really go for every where. People need to pay attention to the road, not talk or txt on the phone or even put make up on when driving. So my final thing to you all is think about how you get around, if its a short distance just walk it will be good. And comment down below on how you get around and what you think should be different about the rules of the road.

1 comment:

  1. I walk where ever I go. I walk to the store and to school. And I really don't go that far, but if I do then I take the bus. I really don't care about driving even though I have my permit but I still don't like to drive. I hear people talking about how they totaled there car and how its going to cost a bunch of money to fix it and that really does not sound that fun to me. Cars cost too much to take care of and keep in good condition And I enjoy walking. I suggest that more people should try walking more or taking the bus when they have to go some where.

    ReplyDelete