Thursday, April 24, 2014

What would you do to get to school?


If there was a flood where you live, would you call it a day and stay home and try to help? During the flood here in Boulder Colorado all of the schools were closed for safety. People would try to fix their houses and try to stay safe. It was very dangerous to go to the stores but if you had to you would drive there and that was still risky. But that was here, In Vietnam there was a flood that washed away roads and all of the paths that would lead to the schools. But the students would still go to school. It didn't matter that it was not safe at all. These kids got in to plastic bags and were taken across the river just so there school uniforms wouldn't get too wet. This flood was so bad that if a car were to cross it would get stuck under the water and people would have to retrieve it at another time. The river was also way too big for anyone to make a bridge over it. If you were to have a flood this big would you even think about going to school. Because I know that I wouldn't think about school at all. Would you go out of your way to get to school? Because I know that most of the students here would take any chance they could get to skip school. I find that people don't care about school enough. We think of it as something we have to go to and we don't really have a choice if we want to or not. But people in other countries will do whatever it takes to get a good education. Like crossing a river in a plastic bad. If someone told me to do that to get to school I would think that there crazy.



So I ask you, What would you do to get to work or school?

2 comments:

  1. I think its very cool that the Vietnamese strive so much to succeed in the academics that they would find anyway to keep sending their children to school. but across the water in Boulder, Colorado we cancel school, because its dangerous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya during the flood I was happy because we didn't have to go to school. I helped with our house because water was leaking in so that is what I did. I didn't even think about school. For me it was a given that the school would be closed and no one would go. But when I look at the people in Vietnam and how they would walk through floods that could kill them to get to school and that blows my mind. I really wouldn't go out of my way to get to school. I try to get out of school when ever I can.

    ReplyDelete